Daisypath Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

31/32 Weeks! Thanksgiving and Getting Things Done!

Hello!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We sure did! It's been a very busy couple of weeks...we've been working our butts off to get things done.
Haiden is almost 4 pounds now and putting on about 1/2 a pound a week...he'll be ready in no time! He's kicking and squirming all day now...you can even feel a little heel or knee near my ribs. I've been having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions lately and he is definitely head down...but it's all normal for this time...no indication that he will be early...although that doesn't stop everyone from thinking he will be.

The nursery is about 95% done...just a few more decorative items to put up and a tiny bit of touch up...it feels so nice to be this close to completion after so long! Here are the pics...it's just as I imagined!
From Baby Pierce
(The closet has actually filled in with a lot more clothes since I took this picture a few weeks ago...can you imagine!)

The living room and dining room are coming along...I just love our new pillows and curtains...they make all the difference. And the crown molding in the dining room really finishes the look (now we just need to finish the baseboards).

Thanksgiving was wonderful, it was so nice to see everyone. And the food of course was an absolute delight...YUMMY!
From The Holidays 10

From The Holidays 10

On Saturday Greg and I went to the Town Center to walk around...it was such a beautiful day. Greg ended up with a new pair of shoes (he definitely deserves them!) and we stopped at Once Upon A Child (a consignment shop for the little ones) where Greg found an Eddie Bauer diaper bag for $15 (regularly $40) and we found a bunch of adorable outfits for our little man. It's a great store and we are excited to be able to buy Haiden some really nice things without breaking the bank. Then when he grows out of them we will trade them in for new items...it's economical and eco-nomical! How exciting!

My rocking chair came in this week and it looks great! It's a bit more difficult to rock because it's on carpet but we will get a mat to set it on. We were also given a Stokke Highchair from Joel. He had it sitting in his hangar and brought it over to us. Little did he know the gold mine he had sitting there. This thing is awesome! It's a European company (think Ikea) and this chair is a HUGE deal in Europe. It's a highchair that grows with the baby. It eventually turns into a regular chair that can hold up to 300 pounds. I don't think I've heard one negative thing about this chair...everyone who has one absolutely adore's it. It retails for $250 new...and that's just for the chair. To use it for an infant you have to buy the Baby Set (why it's called set I don't know...doesn't seat make more sense?) which is about $80 and to make it more comfy you can get a padded seat cushion with a cute design for around $60. It's well worth the investment because if we ever sell it (and most people don't) we will get our money's worth! Most people end up getting a second when they have another child. It's been around since 1972 so my guess is that it isn't going anywhere.
From Baby Pierce
Here is what it looks like as baby grows:


It's been getting harder to breathe, Haiden is taking up a lot of room these days! My feet have been killing me and are starting to swell daily now. I finally had to give in and buy some comfy (maybe not the cutest) shoes. I went with some cute Crocs...not like the original clog ones you see everywhere. These are pretty darn cute for Crocs and they are extremely comfortable. just what I needed. They don't stop the swelling at the end of the day and sometimes my feet still hurt but I can't imagine how much pain I would be in if I was still wearing my regular flip flops or flats...I'd be miserable!

We have only 2 more childbirth classes left and I am learning a lot! It's amazing how the body knows just what to do. It's also really cool learning about all the ways your body prepares you...and you thought it was just simply an inconvenience! I have to say...I might miss the classes when they're done. Our instructor is really nice and very knowledgeable. We were lucky to find such a good teacher!

Well, I must get back to the craziness. The Christmas holiday is fast approaching and there is much to do! The shower is almost done and the bathroom won't be too far behind. I'll get some pictures up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment