Daisypath Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

And Now The Fun Begins...

The first week after Haiden's arrival was a busy one full of new experiences, lots of challenges, herds of visitors and lots of kisses.
Breastfeeding became increasingly more painful and actually brought tears to my eyes but when my milk finally came in the feeling stopped. Haiden wouldn't eat and Greg and I were both very concerned. Because he wasn't eating we fixed him formula bottles we had gotten from the hospital until I was able to rent a pump. We were both relieved to see him eating again. And once we got the pump he was back on breast milk.
He woke up about every 2 hours but would sleep the rest of the time. We had no idea the sound sleeping would go away in a few months. The first 2 nights at home he slept in our bed but then we moved him to his bassinet by my side. I got up every 20 minutes it seemed to check on him, I was a concerned first time mommy, something I'm sure I'll encounter countless more times in his life.
By the time he was about a month old he was sleeping almost all through the night and I was finally able to get a bit more rest. And by the time he was 3 months old he was sleeping through the night and I decided it was time to go back to work. I wasn't excited about being away from my baby but it was a great chance for me to have some adult time each week. I started out at one day a week for a month or do then moved to 2 days a week, which is where I am now. That's a max for me, I look forward to the days I get to spend with Haiden.
At 3 months we moved him to his crib and until we got the video monitor with the movement sensor I was up every hour checking on him. That thing was my savior! Moving him to his room was a great move for us, Greg and I were ready to have our adult space back. And with him being in his own room we didn't have to tip toe around the bedroom anymore.
The older he gets the more fun he becomes, I am so grateful for such a wonderful, smart and sweet little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment