Daisypath Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

New York 2011

December 2-4, 2011
Well, we just got back from our trip to NYC with both sets of parents and we had a great time. The parents left Friday morning about 11:30. Greg left the office early and we had a car pick us up at the house to take us to the airport. My amazing husband arranged for us to ride in style in a mini limo, it was a great start to our vacation!
After we checked in and went through security, we sat in the Delta Sky Lounge and had a few drinks while we waited for our plane to arrive. As I was walking back from the bar I saw a gray box sitting on the table in front of me. When I finally figured out it was for me I opened it up to find a beautiful diamond bangle bracelet inside, that handsome hunny of mine has kept his promise of showering me with diamonds! My wonderful husband also arranged for us to fly 1st class so we were the first to board. When we got on the pilots were standing up front talking to us. I told them my family was in avionics and they let us look in the cockpit and even offered for me to go in and sit! It was a nice flight.
Then when we arrived in NYC my awesome husband arranged for a white stretch limousine to carry us through town to our hotel. It was a wonderful evening so far and we had only just arrived!
When we got to the hotel we were greeted by excited parents. We unloaded our stuff in our rooms and got ready for the chilly search for dinner. We decided to walk the 12 blocks to Times Square. Once there after we looked on in amazement at all the lights, we found a restaurant called Bond 45. It was an Italian restaurant and it was busy but the food was fast and very good. They had a very interesting lasagna, called open face, where the noodles made a sort of calzone with the sauce and cheese in the middle. It was delish!
After dinner we went to the huge Toys R Us and got a CAT dump truck with blocks and huge wheels, we knew it was perfect the moment we saw it. The toy store was amazing, 3 floors with a huge ferris wheel in the middle. It also had a life size animatronic t-Rex and a Lego Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Carribbean and Legi replicas of famous NYC buildings. It was packed with people but really cool, I can't wait to take Haiden when he is older.
After that we headed back to Tines Square where the guys got some fake Rolex's out of a brief case and we witnessed and crazy accident with a runaway driver, a sworm of police and an ambulance attending to a person on the ground. It was an evening packed full of adventure!
The next morning, the guys headed out to the Intrepid to take a tour of the Concord, a famous and super fast plane that the rich traveled the world on. It could go from New York to London in less that 3 hours! Greg's grandfather flew on it in the 80's when it came to Jacksonville. The girls had a more relaxing morning, we took our time getting ready and having breakfast. We all met back up at the hotel and headed to Chinatown. We were in search of fake watches and purses. It was walk to walk people and secret sales going on everywhere. We sat down in a Chinese restaurant for some drinks and ended up having a few spring rolls and dumpling appetizers. After a much needed rest we started back on the hint for purses. We were taken up some back roads and lead to a huddle of people on a side street. After finally getting a peek I decided even the "A+" fakes weren't good enough, so I decided to hold out for the real thing.
After Chinatown we hailed a couple taxis and headed to Katz Deli for a Jewish deli sandwich. It was absolutely packed! Apparently it's the deli where Sally had an orgasmic sandwich in the movie When Harry Met Sally. The food was huge and good. We were stuffed but it was time to go get ready for dinner! So we finally found a subway and made our way back to Midtown.
Before dinner Greg and I wanted to take a carriage ride through central park but when we found out the wait was 45 just to get a carriage we decided we didn't need to go that bad. We took a walk down 5th avenue and window shopped, then made our way back to the hotel. Dinner that night was at Gallagher's in Times Square, a steak house the Pierces had been to years before. the food was good but we were all tired and still kind of full from lunch. After dinner we walked to Rockefeller Center to see the tree. It was a mass of people there too! So we decided to walk around the block to the other side of the tree. On the way there we were just in time for a light show in the side of the building, I don't know what the point of the show was but it was very cool. The other side of the tree was just as crowded and we were all ready for bed so we went back to the hotel for the night.
Sunday we slept till 9 and were rested and ready for the full day ahead. We searches for a place for breakfast and settled on a hotel restaurant in front of central park. It was very modern and clean and very expensive but the food was good and just what we were looking for. After breakfast we walked through Central Park and down 5th Avenue to the Trump Bar in one of the Trump buildings. We had some adorable and crazy expensive cocktails but it was a nice break and a beautifully decorated lobby. Mom and dad headed to a raw foods restaurant mom was interested in and the rest of us headed back to the hotel so Greg and I could get ready to catch our flight.
The driver was early but it was ok, we were ready to go. He dropped us off at LaGuardia Airport and we had some lunch and relaxed at the Delta Sky Lounge until time to board. The gates were crowded and we were bussed to our plane, which was a first for me,. We were ready to be home.
We were greeted by a sick baby, not exactly the homecoming we were hoping for. After much calming down and a throw up covered sheet and pj change, his fever broke and he started feeling much better. It was a rough night but the next day he was much better and kept improving throughout the day.
It was a great trip. It was short but packed full of memories and lessons. We can't wait to go back again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment