Daisypath Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

22 Weeks! Our Little Papaya!

Can you believe it? 5 months down! I'm so excited....and I just can't hide it! :)

Our little one is now the size of a papaya...about 11 inches and a whopping ONE pound!! He's growing like a weed! He's starting to sleep a little less and in cycle's for about 12 to 14 hours a day. And it's not hard to tell when he's awake! His kicks are getting more powerful everyday! I swear he's going to kick his way out! He is developing teeth under his gums, iris's in his eyes and NIPPLES! And even more exciting...he is developing his sense of touch by feeling his way around. Already a genius!

Over the weekend we went to the river and it was very relaxing...just us. At night I would lift my shirt off my tummy and Greg and I would watch the kicks...it's the neatest thing. I am starting to be able to feel his body from the outside. He'll shift and I feel pressure low in my tummy and I'll feel with my fingers and it will be very hard, then he'll shift again and it will go back to squish. It's the coolest thing. Except for when he is laying on one of my organs or my bladder, at which point I ask him politely to move as I travel to the restroom for another frequent pee break and, as a good son does, he moves a few minutes later. I'm in love with him already!

This week I am traveling in high style in the Explorer...it's much easier to see out of with the car seat which actually surprised me. I'm still a bit weary about driving in tighter places and parking and backing up but I'm sure that will get better with time. And I'm sure Greg is not the happiest camper about having to drive the Rav4 this week...sorry hunny!

I had a dream last night that Haiden was here and I was working in the back at the shop while someone was watching him up front. They brought him back to me (the cutest little thing ever I might add) wearing a pink jumper with hearts and flowers. I was quite confused in my dream as to why they would dress him in that but I was content just holding the little man. I can't wait until he is here.

Well, I think that's all for now. We have another appointment with the mid-wife next week...glucose test and all. Not looking forward to the latter. Can't wait to get started on the nursery this weekend! I'm ready to nest!

No comments:

Post a Comment