Daisypath Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

26 Weeks! A trip to the ER!

From Baby Pierce

Greg and I had a very nice weekend...other than the 1am trip to the ER. We went to the river and spent some time with Sandy and Mary.

We ate a nice dinner at River Pub on Friday night and went to bed shortly after we returned home...we were tired from a busy week. About 12:30am I woke up out of a dead sleep with some uncomfortable pains along the bottom of my rib cage on the right side. I thought maybe Haiden had decided to rest his feet there, again, so I moved and repositioned but the pain didn't go away. I thought maybe I had to pee so I went pee and again the pain didn't stop. I tried walking around for a few minutes but the pain just seemed to be getting more intense and I was getting a little worried. I sat back in bed and Greg woke up. He tried rubbing my back and putting a warm wash cloth on my tummy and face...nothing seemed to be working. And I was starting to get nauseous. Greg called the midwife and while we were waiting for them to call back, the pain got so intense I started try heaving and crying. Greg got the car warmed up (because it was cold outside!!) and he packed a blanket, some pillows and a trash can in case I got sick on the way to the hospital. We decided to go to Baptist South in Jacksonville, almost an hour away but we got there in good time, about 45 minutes with little traffic. By the time we got there the pain was almost completely gone (just my luck, right?) except for little twinges every now and again. As we were being checked in they were asking me all kinds of questions about delivery...do I want an epidural, do I have a living will, have I ever given birth before...it was scaring me a bit...I'm only 26 weeks...he's not done cooking yet!! Once the questions were over I put on a gown and they hooked me up to a fetal heart monitor and contraction monitor. The nurse said sometimes the heart monitor doesn't pick up the heartbeat this early because they are so little but she tested it on my tummy and we had no problem hearing our little man's heartbeat. She said it was strong and it sounded very good. After about 20 minutes of monitoring she came back to say everything looked really good and he didn't seem to be in any distress at all. I was extremely pleased to hear the good news but concerned about the horrendous pain I had just experienced. I am not one to complain about pain so if I am it must be bad. The nurse told us the doctor said it could just be pain from the uterus stretching but that seemed too minor for the pain I had. We left and headed back to the river, I fell asleep in the car and Greg drank his McDonald's coffee and grooved to tunes on the radio. I have such a wonderful husband. When we got back he let the dogs out and we all piled up in the bad and fell asleep till about 10. It was an eventful night and I was glad it was over.

That day we spent some time at Sandy's and then went on a boat ride with Sandy and Mary down to Anderson's. We had some lunch and a few beers (I had sweet tea) and it was pretty good. Then Greg went back to Sandy's to do some fishing off the dock while I headed home to take a nap. After a much needed 2 hour nap I went back down to Sandy's to see what kind of fish action had occurred. Penny and her boyfriend Dan were there and we had a nice chat. Later, I went home and made dinner...baked Ziti and when Greg got back he showered, ate dinner and hit the bed...he was out! He'd had a long day of drinking, fishing, boating and sun plus no nap and a very sleepless night before...he was ready to sleep. I stayed up reading my magazines for about an hour then I hit the bed myself.

Midnight....I am woken up by pain under my ribs on the right side...I was panicking...not again! This time I knew there was an end in sight for the pain. I tried walking around and remembered the ride to the hospital the night before. When I stopped focusing on the pain and started focusing on my breathing the pain went away. So, I decided to prop myself up in bed and read. About 30 minutes later I was so exhausted I fell asleep. Greg woke up about an hour later to check on me. The pain was gone and I was relieved. I stayed somewhat propped up and went back to sleep. I was so tired that I didn't even hear Greg getting up, he didn't sleep well. After Greg let the dogs out I fell asleep again and didn't get up until 9:30. Greg was tired so he layed on the couch for a while. We decided to get ready to go a little earlier than usual because we had a few errands to run on the way home. I called the midwife to give her an update on the way back to Jax and she said the gallbladder is on that side and can become inflamed or infected so to watch it closely. If anything else should happen, she would send me in for an ultrasound. Hopefully it was a one time (ok two time) thing and everything is good now.

We stopped at the Prime Outlet in St. Augustine. There is a store there that I adore called Papaya. They have adorable clothes and really great prices. I stopped to try on a few items for sizing. I was use to looking for S and the occasional M but the L was the size that fit me and Haiden best. It's exciting, I will buy a few staple items online and have them shipped up. They have t-shirts, tanks and long sleeve shirts for $2 to $6...great prices! I will also buy a few cardigans (eventually) that I can wear this winter but also that I can wear after Haiden gets here. I'm trying to be frugal about buying maternity clothes...those sleeveless tops and capri's aren't gonna last me the whole winter...and I know I won't be back into my old sizes before the end of it so I'm preparing now.

When we got home we relaxed and had a Veronica Mars marathon. I made cookies and we ate our leftovers from River Pub...it was a wonderful night. Until about midnight. No pain this time thankfully, just horrible insomnia. I messed around on the computer until 4:30 then tried going back to bed but it wasn't until 5:30 that I was able to go back to sleep. Which is why after taking Pooter back home, I had a light dinner, relaxed in the jacuzzi tub and went to sleep by 8:30....I was exhausted. But thankfully I slept all the way through the night and I am well rested today.

This week, Greg and I will be working on getting up the wall paper in the nursery (well Greg will...I will mostly supervise...I am trying to take it easy). We will stain the chair rail to match the furniture and put it up this week as well. The 3/4D ultrasound is next weekend! Can you beleive it! We are so excited and can't wait to see him again! And the shower is the weekend after that! Things are starting to happen fast now and before we know it the holidays will be here and over...then we will just be waiting on Haiden to get here. I am ready now...

No comments:

Post a Comment