Daisypath Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

13 Weeks! Our Little Peach!

Our little plum is now a peach at about 2.9 inches long and .81 ounces…they grow so fast! This week our little one is busy growing teeth, vocal cords and even a tongue! Thankfully they don’t work at the moment, only 6 more months of quiet. The intestines are moving inside the body to their final place and little one’s head is only one third the size of it’s body.

SUPER EXCITING NEWS!!!!
Friday afternoon, I was sitting on the couch talking to mom on the phone when I felt a strange flutter in the lower left of my tummy. I dismissed the first flutter as regular stomach movement but as a felt the 2nd, 3rd and 4th flutters I realized I had never felt anything like that before! I told my mom I think I just felt the baby!! It felt just like everyone said it would, like a little butterfly flutter…it was such a wonderful feeling! I felt it once more that night on my right side about an hour later. I know it wasn’t a stomach gurgle because it was doing that very thing a few minutes later and it was up high in my tummy (you know, in the stomach!) and it was a much more pronounced and familiar feeling with an accompanying loud gurgle. I haven’t felt anything since although I have been trying to pay attention. It was such a light feeling, I think I would need to be sitting up in a quiet and non distracting environment to be able to feel it again. I am so looking forward to that day!

Friday night Greg had a boys night with Stephen Scratch and they had dinner at Hooters then headed to Dick’s sporting goods where he bought our little peach it’s first fishing pole (although a bit big for him now he will grow into it!). I was invited to go have a Japanese dinner with Mom and Dad, Mackie, Brad, Frenchy, Kathy, Jean-Luc and a couple of his friends. I was happy to go and enjoyed every minute of my food! Up until I got too full and then felt sick…but up until then I was in food heaven! It was fabulous! I headed back home and talked with Greg and Stephen for a few minutes but it was well past my bed time and I was out like a log as soon as I hit the bed.

Saturday Greg and I headed to Lulu Baby at the Town Center where my friend Sarah (who also did our wedding cake) works. We went to get the Orbit stroller and car seat. She was so great and gave us a demonstration to make sure we knew all the features and she was even nice enough to give us a 10% discount! That was a pleasant surprise! Then we headed over to Tommy and Gloria’s house to pick up my Vera Bradley Baby Bag in Slate Blooms. Gloria had gotten it for me last week. I fell in love with it when I found it in St. Augustine last weekend and she was so sweet to get it for me! It’s the most adorable baby bag EVER! I promise! I’ll put up some pics in the next couple days to show its adorableness! I’m going to get the matching cooler to keep the bottles cold…I am so excited!!

The exciting day doesn’t end there!
Next we went to Wood You and looked at furniture. Our choices are 1) to get cheap furniture that we will have to replace in 3-5 years or 2) to buy all wood furniture (which we thought would be a lot more money) and have it for many years. Our investigation at Wood You revealed very surprising results! The wood furniture wasn’t that much more expensive than the cheap particle board stuff we had been looking at. Sure it’s going to take a bit more work to get it ready (staining or painting) but we will have it for a very long time and we will be able to restain or paint it another color if we want down the road. Also, we wouldn’t be able to get a crib to match perfectly with the other pieces if we go the cheap route because they would be made by different manufacturers. Another great thing that Greg and I noticed was in the expensive baby store the $900 cribs had a veneer finish and we saw how they would chip and scratch…with an all wood stained crib it’s not going to chip or scratch like those kinds of cribs and so our $299 convertible all wood crib find makes a lot of sense to us! The owner also offered us 20% off Monday since he had to close early Saturday…Heck Yeah! So we are going by this afternoon to pay for our crib to secure our 20% discount and the $200 manufacturer’s discount (regularly $499) before it expires. We are going to wait a bit longer on the other pieces because they are always there and we have time. We are going to get a 10 drawer dresser and 2 three-tired book shelves. I’ve already got the whole room planned out in my head (Anyone surprised? Didn’t think so.)

After Wood You and the exciting morning we went to Mom and Dad’s and had a wonderful night. Sunday we did house chores in the morning and had lunch with some of Greg’s old friends. We stayed home Sunday night and relaxed. It was a great weekend.

I will probably get the stroller this afternoon (she thinks they have one in their warehouse otherwise it will have to be ordered) so I am very excited. I will post pictures soon!

I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment