Daisypath Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Our Blob looks like a Baby!!

Today we had our 2nd doctor’s appointment and it was so neat!

We headed into the ultrasound room and began immediately. Guess what…? Our blob looks like a baby now!! How exciting!!



He was very active…he wouldn’t sit still! He kept kicking his feet and wiggling, it was the neatest thing to see! We got to see his cute little nasal bone, a stomach and a full bladder. We also saw what the technician believes to be a boy part! We will confirm it in a few weeks. He was very active…it was so neat to see that…I wish we would have taped it, don’t know why I didn’t think to do that! We also heard the heart beat for just a few seconds…it was very fast…178 beats per minute but the tech said that was very good! I still can’t believe there is a little life growing inside me and he will be here in 6 months! I am so excited! It’s so awesome!



The second part of the appointment was not so fun. I called the day before to see if they would be doing any blood work and they said no they don’t do blood work in the office. What I should have asked was ARE you gonna be taking my blood…because that answer was a screaming YES! I was going to have my mom take me to the appointment and bring me back to work since I’m not to keen on needles and blood and all but I told her it wasn’t necessary because they wouldn’t be doing blood work. Luckily I had my wonderful husband (I am still giddy when I say it!) with me to hold my hand. He got me some juice and we headed to the nearest gas station to get a protein bar which helped a lot. We then went back and got my car and I followed him to the sushi place we love for some to go lunch (don’t worry I didn’t eat any raw fish). Greg headed back to work and I headed home to eat and relax for a few minutes before I headed back to work.



It was such a neat experience and I can’t wait to see him again! Once we have another confirmation ultrasound the walls will be painted blue and the buying will begin! I can’t wait to hold our little pumpkin in my arms!



I hope everyone has had a wonderful day and a nice short week…good news! Tomorrow is Friday! We will be headed to St, Augustine for the night and to see Michael Buble on Sunday. We also have an appointment to meet the midwife tomorrow so of course I’ll let you know how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment