Daisypath Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 28, 2010

10 Weeks! Our Little Prune…?

Giant Strawberry…there that sounds better!!

This week, baby measures about 1 1/2 inches from top to bottom--about as big as a cocktail shrimp and similar in shape and will double in the next 3 weeks! Tooth buds are forming, bones are growing, and hair is starting to sprout. His eyelids are fused shut and will remain closed until week 27, but he can hear now since the inner workings of the ear are complete. Neurons appear at one end of the spinal cord, and the basic divisions of the brain are present. He can also bend his arms at the elbows and has distinct fingers. Genitals continue to form, but the doctor is still not able to determine the sex yet, even by sonogram.




Last weekend, Greg and I went to Babies R Us and bought a few small (obviously) items…3 adorable layette outfits (1 blue with monkeys and 2 yellow with ducks) an adorable pair of puppy socks and some baby boat shoes (Greg just had to have them!). We had a lot of fun picking out some cute little things for our precious little one. Greg was disappointed when I pointed out the fact to him that our baby will be a newborn in the winter so all those absolutely precious newborn shorts would be of no use to us…sorry Hunny, that’s just the way it worked out. At least he will be big enough to wear tiny swim trunks this summer!








Then we went over to Lulu, a baby store by the Publix at the Town Center. It’s a high end baby store with the coolest stuff! Sarah, the girl who did the cake for the wedding (who I went to high school with) also works there, although she was sick on Saturday. We went so I could show Greg the coolest travel system in the WORLD!! It’s called Orbit Baby. It has the same basic functions as the typical travel system (car seat fits into a base in the car then fits on the stroller) but it is much more functional and has lots of very convenient features. It’s too much to write out here (and you’d probably get bored reading all of it because you don’t share the enthusiasm…oh…but you will when you see it!!) so I will just post the website so you can check it out at your convenience if you’d like to get a head start on the excitement! Greg didn’t share the excitement either until he saw it in person and started messing with it in the shop…it's AMAZING! And although the price tag is a bit high, it is durable enough to last several babies and we can sell it after. Plus it’s gender neutral and if we were to buy a cheaper system, I would buy gender specific so if the next one isn’t the same as the first one we’d have to buy a new system anyway. Ok, I’m going to stop now because the list could go on and on!


Later on Saturday, we went to Tommy and Gloria’s house and swam with Kelly and Amanda which was fun. Kelly brought steaks from Winn-Dixie where he works as a butcher but I’m still not feeling steak so I had a few chips.

Sunday Greg worked in the yard and we attended a 50th birthday party for Loretta that afternoon. I was so tired by 7, I didn’t know if I was gonna make it to the bed! Luckily a little energy came back and I was able to eat a Boca Chikn’ Pattie which was very delicious. We watched the movie Valentines Day and went to bed.

This morning has been a tough one so far…I’m struggling severely to keep my eyes open and I had a hard time doing anything without becoming short of breath. That is really annoying. I’m guessing the sudden lack of food is to blame and I’m trying to get down whatever I can but it isn’t as easy as it seems. Almost everything isn’t appetizing and sometimes I don’t even need food to feel like throwing up. But they say everything usually gets batter in the second trimester, so that’s what I’m hoping! 2 more weeks! Yay!

Next week we have a doctors appointment on Thursday to do some tests and on Friday we have a consultation with the Fruitful Vine Midwives…obviously I will let you know how it all goes.

I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment