Daisypath Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 14, 2010

8 Weeks! Our Little Raspberry!

Our little Raspberry is growing like mad, putting on a millimeter everyday and continuing to straighten out. It’s about .63 inches and .04 ounces and moving its arms, legs and now webbed fingers and toes like crazy! It has eye lids, a start of a nose and upper lip and its brain, spinal cord, heart, kidneys, liver, and stomach have begun to take shape. My uterus had gone from the size of a fist to the size of a grapefruit, and its showing!



Up until last Friday (the 11th) I hadn’t experienced any real nausea, except associated with the prenatal vitamins…but Friday was a completely different story. I woke up not feeling very well. In addition to my regular tiredness, I was just not feeling like me…
Through out the day I was ok just not great, then as we were heading down to the river it all kicked into overdrive. I wasn’t sure that I would make it without throwing up! And we were only 15 minutes away from the river!! Greg put the windows down and I took some deep breathes and it got better but it wasn’t over, by any means.

When we got there we did some slight unpacking and fed the dogs, then we were off to River Pub for dinner (which I was very excited about). When we got there another sudden wave of nausea hit and I had to get some gingerale and some breadsticks and crackers ASAP! After a few minutes I felt so much better! I still wasn’t 100% but the wave was gone and I could breathe without wondering who I was going to puke all over!

When dinner came I took a few bites but couldn’t manage to get down too much. The chicken in my favorite dish Chicken Alfredo with Mushrooms just wasn’t doing it for me and the fact that I couldn’t get it past the lump in my throat didn’t help. I obviously didn’t look to hot because the waitress came up and said to you want me to box that up so you don’t have to look at it anymore? I was very thankful. I managed not to make a scene and went to bed as soon as we got back.

It was pretty much the same story for the remainder of the weekend. I would feel good in the morning then eat breakfast and the roller coaster of nausea would begin. Gingerale seems to be my best friend at this point and burping makes it all feel better. Despite the nausea I had a good weekend, it was very relaxing. We went for a few short rides on the boat and a golf cart ride through the pumpkin patch. I got about 12 hours of sleep every night and felt very refreshed in the morning. Greg was wonderful, always asking if he could get or do something for me. He feels bad that I don’t feel well but he is very appreciative of me. He always says thank you for going through this so we can have a baby…what a magnificent guy!

Our first doctor’s appointment is tomorrow and I am very anxious! I’ll be sure to give a full report afterwards. I hope we get to hear our little raspberry’s heartbeat and if we are lucky we might even get a picture! How awesome would that be!

Well, that’s all for me today. I hope you have a wonderful Monday! I’ll let you know how it goes tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment